Reporting to the Managing Director, the candidate; a seasoned senior management consultant, must have built an impressive track record of generating results and significant impact to a diverse client base advising them on growth and customer strategies. He/she possesses distinctive knowledge, substantial management consulting expertise and can use it to serve high-performing industry leaders. They inspire their colleagues and team members to achieve great things and actively mentor the next generation of firm leaders. They live Altus Origin’s values and ensure our firm continuously fulfills its mission statement of delivering on competitive edge to clients. You will use your entrepreneurial flair to generate new business through existing contacts either through referrals or networking. The candidate is responsible for the overall growth, profitability, staffing, management and delivery of AOL’s largest, most complex, highly visible engagements.
While Altus Origin is a start-up company, its founders have stellar consulting history of working with the tier I clients in the GTA and internationally. It is committed to building its Canadian operations and is seeking to appoint high caliber consulting talent with verifiable track record to support this planned growth.
This is a full time position with an outstanding compensation package comprised of base salary plus practice profit sharing. The package is designed to attract first class entrepreneurial talent willing to build the practice locally and grow globally.
In this role, we expect you to:
- Develop new client relationships in target clients and geographies to drive new business.
- Work closely with colleagues to ‘transfer knowledge’ and to develop the firm’s intellectual capital.
- Build a star team and grow the practice to several million dollars per annum.
- Exercise high quality judgment in the allocation of time/effort to the development of a prospective client relationship.
- Ensure that a professional “business” approach is executed through knowledge and understanding of the prospective client and their industry.
- Ensure that the sales effort is 100% focused on accurately reflecting the firm's model, culture and practice.
- Assume Account Executive responsibilities with regard to the long-term development of client relationships.
Prospective candidates must have a proven track record of selling large multi-million dollar engagements. You will be well organized with a hunter mentality and have years of experience in sales & direct business development for a reputable consulting firm. Your skills are:
- Strong domain knowledge and multi- industry breadth coupled with hands-on consultative selling (e.g. Financial Services, Energy, Retail , IT, Telecom , and Mining)
- Superb communication skills - Writing and Presenting
- MBA coupled with PMP/PgMP, CMC, CISA, with 10 years + professional services technology consulting- Delivery experience relative to AOL's core service domain competencies is preferred (i.e. enterprise architecture, EPPM, service management, digital economy, e-government, technology-enabled transformation)
- Referenceable experiences with client facing, managing large and multiple projects, strong business development and project management acumen.
- Willingness to do some travel (not looking for road warriors)
- Generates minimum sales of CAD $ 1M per year in Technology consulting to Tier I accounts in the GTA.
- Provides significant business value to the client and are trusted advisors who effectively maintain close working relationships with senior client managers.
- Critiques and advises on critical aspects of project strategies/plans to help ensure project success.
- Expected to attain a high level of participation through billing on a delivery engagement as a means of establishing personal value to a client(s).
- Ensures delivery of the highest quality work at the appropriate margins.
- Drives the intellectual content on engagements, serving as the lead professional and ensuring delivery of the highest quality work.
- Develop and implements a consistent and standardized process and or methodology. Takes a proactive approach to anticipating risks, preventing and solving problems.
- Responsible for identifying engagement expansion / revenue opportunities within an account.
- Proactively grows AOL’s market presence by playing a key role in successful account expansion / development by identifying perspective client work and driving intellectual content on engagements.
- Stays at the forefront of changing technology, process and people trends & understands the impact on clients’ business.
- Able to develop long term relationships with senior client managers.
- Creates & publishes “best practices” for area of expertise.